How To Tell The Difference
1. something that affects or is of importance to a person; affair; business
2. regard for or interest in a person or a thing he felt a strong concern for her
3. anxiety, worry, or solicitude
4. important bearing or relation his news has great concern for us
1. An expression of pain, dissatisfaction, or resentment.
2. A cause or reason for complaining; a grievance.
Let’s just be honest. Am I truly concerned? or am I complaining! How easy it is to be annoyed for bitter or selfish reasons and then try to convince myself that I am “concerned”. Being “concerned” instead of being honest with myself gives me license to tell you about it, too.
Like the ripples in a pond attitudes and news have a way of reaching shore very quickly. True concern is positive and redemptive. Complaining is poison and condemning.
And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful. Colossians 3:15